Course Project stage 3 part 2: Last post

Well, as the end of the course and semester approaches, so does my last blog for SPO600.

Last post I dive into the method, "bt_find_func" and identified "cmp" that take most resources.


"cmp w22, #0x0" is used to check for zero in register. I originally wanted to find a way to improve "cmp", dead end there.

Then I change my approach and look into the line before "cmp" which is the "if" statement "(depth-- == 0 || delta >= cyclic_size)", also dead end there.

At this point I know I lack the knowledge to successfully optimize "xz Utils", but I must continue research.


(After 1 day...)


I try to understand some of the professor's lectures about stage 3, also I read some of previous student's post in hoping those can help me understand but I am stuck........

Unfortunately, what I have so far is my limit. Maybe in the future I'll learn how to successfully optimize xz Utils, but for now this would conclude my post for SPO600.

Thank you for reading my posts and please stay healthy. 























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 01: Code Review

Return from MIA

Course Project Stage 2 Introduction