Course Project Stage 2 part 3: Profiling

Over the weekend, my professor manage to hit campus and manually fixed the class servers, thus I no longer need to continue debugging on my own computer for profiling.

After a series of "gprof ./xz"s and "perf record ./xz"s, I was able to compile enough profiling data on both Aarchie(Aarch64) and Xerxes(x86_64) server for my chosen software xz-Utils.

Stage 2 profiling

I have save the data in both txt and png format for gprof on both compression and decompression for both smaller and bigger size mkv.
As well as save the data in txt format for perf on both compression and decompression for both sizes files.
Since putting them all on the blog would take more space than I wanted to, I am just going to insert the compression png in here.

 Figure 1.0a: Aarchie 1.5Gb compression
 Figure 2.0a: Aarchie 500Mb compression
 Figure 1.0x: 1.5Gb compression
 Figure 2.0x: 500Mb compression

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Project Stage 2 Introduction

Lab 01: Code Review

Return from MIA