Course Project stage 3: introduction

Finally entering the last stage of course project. Previously in my last blog, I have collected profiling data from xz utils using gprof and perf in linux on both Aarchie and Xerxes. For this last stage I will be using the perf data, because perf comes with the function of annotating an identified function that uses the most resource.

From my understanding, stage 3 requires to dive into resource heavy function/method, identify which line(s) take the most resource, and plan a way to optimize it.

Using "perf" on xz Utils.


From the results, "bt_find_func" seems to be the resource heavy method. Then as I dive deeper into the function.
It seems the "cmp" line is the command that uses the most resource in the application.

My goal is to find a way to improve the "cmp" in "bt_find_func" function, to achieve my goal of optimizing xz Utils.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 01: Code Review

Return from MIA

Course Project Stage 2 Introduction